The FunToDo – PDMS ‘Refurb Kit’ lets you repair the silicone lining of your ‘Vat’ or ‘Tank’ as they call it at Formlabs.
This means that you don’t have buy a brand new Tank every time your lining gets blurred by ‘ghosting’.
How To Use FTD – PDMS ‘Refurb Kit’:
- Carefully remove the old lining
- Clean the tank gently
- Mix a batch of PDMS silicone and Catalyst ratio: 12:1 or 13:1 (e.g. Form1@12:1 = 46g PDMS + 4g Cat.)
- Make sure your Resin tank is perfectly level
- If you have a vaccum chamber, then ‘degas’ your PDMS batch for best results, before Pouring over the Centre of the Vat/Tank
- Let the new liner cure for 12 hours
- Use your Tank like new again!